Keynote Video?

This video is lots of fun—and it is in Spanish. That should make more than a few of you happy!

But first, a little background: Isabel was supposed to be in Chile last month to present a keynote speech at an event for the Minister of Education. Sadly, however, the invitation got lost in the mail. So instead of showing up in a last-minute rush and cursing babies (I’m referencing Sleeping Beauty here…Anyone?), she graciously offered a keynote video presentation instead.

In the end, I think the Bibliotecas Escolares CRA Ministerio de Educación got the better deal than if Isabel had actually shown up in person. Here you see her in her home and have a chance to learn more about her than you would if she were speaking from a podium.

The crew from Luna Productions that filmed the spot showed up with just a day’s notice and shot the whole video in virtually one take. Despite the short notice, they did a great job. Plus—and this is always a good thing—they were really nice, even in the face of any and all last-minute chaos. As you can see from the photos below, everyone had a great time.

Check out Luna productions for your next videographic sojourn!

P.S. How did it go with Willie? On the whole…pretty good. He seems calmer, it could be all the travel? I am not sure. I will post photos of the witch doctors soon, I promise!

10 Responses to Keynote Video?

1. Josephine September 19, 2012 at 4:08 am #

Beautiful video and house. Exactly the house I would imagine Isabel Allende would live in. I had no idea of what she was saying but I could have listened to it all night. x

2. Elisa September 12, 2012 at 10:28 am #

Is that a door behind her? It’s beautiful!

3. paola September 10, 2012 at 11:56 am #

Grazie Isabel, grazie per il video, per averci accolto nella tua casa, per averci regalato le tue parole, le tue emozioni. Grazie perchè ci fai attendere i tuoi libri come i bimbi aspettano il Natale.

4. Annette September 10, 2012 at 8:39 am #

Hi Sarah, Thank you for this wonderful blog and for let us know more about Isabel Allende. The video was great!

Yo he admirado a Isabel Allende desde hace casi 25 anos cuando lei por primera vez la casa de los espiritus. Colecciono sus libros, Ella es mi escritora favorita.

A mis hijos los he motivado para que se lean la trilogia, ( que yo me lei en el 2006) en espanol que es todo un reto !!!!

5. Briseidy September 9, 2012 at 6:48 pm #

I really enjoyed this video, I love her even more! I’m so glad she said she will continue writing.

I would like to ask her what book she will recommend for a 2month old baby because I love to read to my baby boy, and well of course he is not old enough for “la triologia” hehehe

p.s. Isabel’s house is gorgeous!

6. Marta Emperatriz September 7, 2012 at 10:05 am #

Graaaciasssssss! Nada como conocer a Isabel Allende asi tan de cerquita de carne y hueso. Esta de mas decir que son admiradora de Isabela la autora de libros y ahora la persona, la ciudadana del mundo!Por cierto que casa mas beeeellaaaaa. And last but not least THANKSS SARAh for letting us know so much abiout Isabel. Will be waiting for Willie’s pictures!

7. Rosa Vera September 6, 2012 at 7:06 pm #

Isabel gracias por la magia de tus letras. Tus libros “Paula”, “La Suma de los Días”y “La Casa de Los Espíritus” los he leído dos veces cada uno y cada vez les encuentro cosas diferentes entre líneas. Eres una guerrera y las letras son el camino que has labrado para muchos de nosotros que no logramos expresarnos a través de la escritura. No puedo creer que vivo tan cerca de SF y aún no te he visto en persona :(. También gracias a Sarah porque a través de su blog podemos saber de tus aventuras. Un abrazo desde Sunnyvale, CA para ti toda tu tribu!!!

8. Letty Gómez September 6, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

Un enorme gusto verte Isa, escucharte hablar de tus libros…son justo en los que no te encuentro tanto, la trilogía “infantil”. Pero que crees? a mi hija mayor la enamoraron de tí, casi tanto como a mí. Hoy tiene ya 15 años y te sigue leyendo. Grs por tus letras y tu encanto.

9. Slavica September 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Thank you so much for this video!
    best regards

10. Jesús Lugo. September 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Hola Sara, el vídeo de Isabel no se puede ver. ;( // Hello Sara. Isabel’s video can not be viewed. , (