Fully Adjustable

This is pretty cool, actually. Isabel got this dress form so that she can see what she looks like in all her clothes BEFORE she packs them. (For those not familiar with the fashion world, a dress form is a three-dimensional model of the torso.)

I know, most people just sort of throw some things in a suitcase— perhaps spread a little get-up out on the bed prior to an event, consider jewelry options, that sort of thing.

Not Isabel Allende. Nope, she actually had this baby adjusted to her exact proportions. The bust and the derrière (butt in French) expand or…ummm…contract to the exact size of one’s choosing. So cool. Here’s a picture of the dress form wearing a slip that you would NEVER actually see Isabel wearing, but because the form is EXACTLY her size and shape, you can pretty much get an idea of what she would look like in it. Like I said, so cool!

Another cool thing about Isabel: She packs just like Grace Kelley in Rear Window. Watch the movie again and you’ll see what I am talking about. Check out this photo of Isabel’s travel bag. Let me be clear: Isabel’s is the little black satchel NEXT to Lori’s TWO HUGE silver suitcases…Yep, that’s her bag for a month—an entire month—in Europe. I don’t know how she does it. She kind of scares me. Is it witchery?? Is she Mary Poppins?? I am not sure.

Bonus photo, I couldn’t resist seeing if they felt real.

9 Responses to Fully Adjustable

1. Jackie October 4, 2012 at 12:33 am #

Dear Sarah

I have been cracking my head and like a mad woman searching thru various web sites in order to find out when will mayas notebook be available in stores (English version)

?????

2. Jo September 26, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Who will take care of Olivia while Isabel is away?

• Sarah September 28, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Olivia is staying with me! She is doing great! A little homesick…

3. Marta Emperatriz September 26, 2012 at 7:25 am #

Sarah, you are as funny as Isabel! I love your spirit and the way we can see through your writings! Have you ever written a book? Ih you have or if you do so one day I want to be one of the first to read it! Maybe next time you should make a video wjile I sabel is packing so we all get the canhce to elarn how to do such a miracle! Cariñosssssss

4. Kadek September 25, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

Oh my goodness! Your blog is super good! No wonder Isabel loves you, apart from the fact that you are just a really cool person! Isabel of coarse is also a really cool and amazing person! That tiny black bag does not look like a months supply of clothes :O how? is this a lie? haha thats absolutely amazing! I love this blog! xoxo

5. Karina de la Torre September 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm #

El vestido es hermoso, ¡debería usarlo! Y yo tampoco entiendo cómo hace la maleta.¡Yo empaco lo que Lori para un fin de semana!

6. Florencia September 25, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

Querida Sarah sin duda es Mary Poppins… ademas de Mágica!!!…..ahora la entiendo somos bajitas, asi todo nuestra ropa es chiquita jajajajaja!!.,,,,.el vestido muy lindo!!… Y la foto Bonus, genial…. me rei mucho… a tu mano…abarca . jajajajajajajaj!!!. Sarah y Olivia????? tambien empaco su hueso y platos???……Te mando muchos cariños y un abrazo llenito de esta primavera maravillosa que ya esta parte del mundo……a propósito como va el ascensor?? te quiero bella!!!

7. Briseidy September 25, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

I think she IS Mary Poppins! hahaha…that is a really small bag for a month!

• gayle aroian October 2, 2012 at 3:04 pm #