Ripper Treasure Hunt

Yes, Isabel allowed us to do a treasure hunt and the prize is a dedicated copy of her new book Ripper. Here is how it works: We will post a photo of a winning ticket in Facebook and we’ll tell you more or less where it is. Your job is to find the winning ticket (using clues from the photograph, landmarks, buildings etc.) and to follow the instructions in it. Here is what a winning ticket looks like:

ripperbat

I’m very sorry, but because we are doing this ourselves, we are only able to hide tickets in Santiago, Chile and the cities along Isabel’s book tour. Get ready, we will start with very soon. Please, if you find one, don’t be a spoilsport and don’t go looking for another one, we will only send one prize per person.

Good luck!

21 Responses to Ripper Treasure Hunt

1. Benazhir Maratuech January 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm #

Can’t wait. Isabel is in a warm place in my heart. Quick question about this hunt: Will the ticket be in the actual city? A real place? or is it digital? I’m a bit confused. Thank you for clarifying!

2. Angelica Perez Paulin Geraldo January 18, 2014 at 10:30 pm #

Soooo… is this only for people in Santiago?… can people in other countries enter? if so, how does it work?… Would absolutely loooove to win this book… I think I have almost every book she has ever written… Greetings from Mexico!

3. Marcela Andrades January 19, 2014 at 5:21 am #

Waiting for it here in Santiago!!! Glad to hear about this cool idea!

4. Aroldo H Marquez January 19, 2014 at 10:11 am #

I live in New York, I admire Isabel Allende and read many other books,
    I want to participate too.

5. Patricia valente adame January 19, 2014 at 7:58 pm #

Igual que muchos, yo tambien he sido lectora fiel, en Mexico tambien queremos participar. Gracias.

6. Judy January 20, 2014 at 4:59 am #

When will she tour in Houston tx??

7. Sarah Kessler January 21, 2014 at 10:47 am #

The tickets will be hidden in the actual cities along Isabel’s tour*. Right now they are going up in Madrid. We can’t possible do this in every city since we are doing it ourselves and are only three people in the team. Here is a link to the cities that are included: http://isabelallende.com/ia/en/calendar
    So far the tickets are being found quickly and by all different people.
    *We have friends in Santiago posting some as well since we wanted to include Chile but otherwise we are sticking to the route. Thank you so much for participating. I like seeing all the photos of other places and imagining the people that find the tickets. We had fun coming up with this idea. We are sorry Isabel isn’t heading out to more places.
    best,
    Sarah

8. Maria S Quintanilla January 21, 2014 at 2:11 pm #

How will I know when she is in Washington, DC?

9. Marilou January 25, 2014 at 9:33 am #

☕️waiting for it

10. kate Curry-Da-Souza January 25, 2014 at 10:07 am #

If you get a ticket, do you get to come hear here, too? *prances around singing “I’ve got a golden ticket” from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and crossing fingers*

11. Maria teresa Malmierca Sanchez January 25, 2014 at 10:16 am #

Pondras en Miami? Me encantaria disfrutar la busqueda del tesoro para sentirme mas cerca del libro

12. Gloria January 25, 2014 at 2:56 pm #

Do we have to go into the city to get it?

13. Margie Rodriguez January 26, 2014 at 7:25 am #

I only want to say good luck for the people on those places, and when she comes to Florida I will be waiting

14. Yazmin January 27, 2014 at 3:24 pm #

Porque lo publicaron tan tarde… Estuve todo el día chequeando el FB a ver su publicaban donde estaría el ticket … Ya estoy en casa y de verdad hace mucho frío ….. Habrán más tickets .. Cuantos ???? … Por favor espero una respuesta …

15. Marcela January 27, 2014 at 6:57 pm #

I would like to have the honor to meet you Isabel. I have read all your books one time in Spanish now in English. I’m a big fun of you. I live en Connecticut, but I’m Chilean too.

16. Paola Osorio January 28, 2014 at 7:18 am #

Ayer 27 de enero tuve el honor de conocer a esta honorable senora. Me quede sin aliento……. Muy emocionada. Me fui a casa con un libro y un bookmark autografiado. Espero volver a verla en otra ocacion!

17. egbert tijsse klasen January 30, 2014 at 2:52 am #

Honorable senora Isabel allende,

Eres muy importante para mi, sus libros love and shadow and the house of the spirits’ estan como un biblo, you gave me the answers how to deal with my family…..quiero saber sus palabras para enseignar…otras…….para escribir mis historias, es magico y realistico…los dos ingredientes son mis principes de una sopa……gigante

Soy holandes y te da un salud desde holanda!

18. karina snodgrass January 30, 2014 at 11:40 am #

Cuando viene por Denver? soy Chilena y vivo por estos lados me gustaria saber bien como es el juego, gracias

19. Ximena Medina February 2, 2014 at 8:31 pm #

Estimada Isabel (a través de su asistente Sarah), mi nombre es Ximena de Concepción Chile,estudiante de Biblioteconomía y Documentación, madre soltera de dos hermosos pequeños y su gran admiradora desde más tiempo del que se pueda imaginar. Como sé que tener el placer de conocerla en persona es casi una utopía, me acerco un poco a usted a través de su blog y de Sarah por supuesto, para decir lo que otros quizás le han dicho muchisimas, veces, sus historias me penetran el alma y alegran mi tan amado mundo literario, me conformo con que alguna vez se entere de este pequeño mensaje, y sepa que puede seguir contando conmigo fielmente para continuar maravillandome como una vez hace 15 años atras sentada en casa de mi abuela con Clara, Blanca y Alba entre mis manos…

20. Roberto Zapata February 7, 2014 at 4:01 pm #

Quisiera saber cuando estara en San Francisco y en que bookstore. Saludos .Un admirador de Isabel Allende.