Like a Ferret on Cocoa Puffs

IsabelMaya

Isabel and Lori are leaving soon on the Maya’s Notebook U.S. book tour. It’s going to be a long tour and I keep trying to get them to take me along. After all, how can they possibly manage without me? They have promised to send me photos from every city and from all the readings so I can post them to the blog. It would, of course, be easier to just take me with them…

Actually, I really don’t think I could keep up. Isabel has been doing dozens of interviews these last few weeks and it’s once again clear she has more energy than a ferret on Cocoa Puffs. I once was “in charge” of Isabel in Manhattan for a day and it was like I had a toddler again—she’s constantly running off to look at shiny things in shopfronts three blocks away. Yeah…I am tired just thinking about a book tour, a different city every day, airplane after airplane and all that messing about with tickets and taxis. Okay, fine! (This is me trying to talk myself out of how much fun it would be to go.)

By the way, if you want to see the tour dates, check out our calendar on Isabel’s website, some events are sold out. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area on April 23, please join us all for the official English-language launch of Maya’s Notebook in San RafaelThe reading and discussion of the novel (a Book Passage bookstore event; tickets are available here) begins at 7pm at Dominican University’s Angelico Hall. It is going to be great. Isabel will cast a spell on you and you will walk away not only with her latest novel but also with that good feeling you get when you support a small bookseller—in this case Book Passage, Isabel’s favorite local bookstore!

image001

8 Responses to Like a Ferret on Cocoa Puffs

1. Arelis Santana April 22, 2013 at 10:43 am #

I can find it in the library in Spanish? Puedo encontrarlo en la Libreria tambien en español?

• caritogimenez_106@hotmaal.com April 22, 2013 at 10:49 am #

Si.. esta en español. Soy de Buenos Aires,Argentina y ya lo lei!

2. mrianom April 22, 2013 at 11:10 am #

Se llama el Cuaderno de Maya. Aqui está en Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/El-cuaderno-Maya-Vintage-Espanol/dp/0307947955

3. rosekraft April 22, 2013 at 11:17 am #

Great post – I laughed out loud at your title and scared the cat!

4. Irina April 22, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

Isabel looks fantastic! And I already got the tickets to hear her speak out here in LA 🙂 Can’t wait!

5. Mary Wilkins April 22, 2013 at 2:27 pm #

I got the Spanish version as soon as it was published on Amazon.com. Couldn’t wait for the English. It was wonderful!

6. claudia April 22, 2013 at 4:42 pm #

I read the spanish version of Maya’s Notebook ( Los cuadernos de Maya) from the library here in USA! LOVED IT!!!! Any chance Isabel would be touring in Ohio anytime soon? Love her books and her personality, even more!!!!

7. Florencia Victoria April 25, 2013 at 8:33 am #

My dear Sarah! ….. Elizabeth did not need someone to carry the bags … I find a taxi?? … I HAPPY! would love to have that … jajajajajaj RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE! .. ayyy my dear .. that energy that is our dear Isabel,,, well to a lesser extent .. I’m just like ..
    I see the itinerary … but impossible to go ..: (I’m in CHILE … I have a bit far! … I follow Elizabeth’s favorite bookstore ..
    Give a hug and my love to Isabel … you that when grandmother conte .. NINI my grandchildren call me …?? .. lovely gets a hug from this Chilean loves you ….. and envy you. (But healthily jajajaj)
    kisses!