This is a little list of Isabel’s favorite things. I asked her to provide it for me the other day at lunch—we were eating crackers with Bellwether Farms’ divine Basket Ricotta cheese, which is produced locally—and she rattled these off in such a rapid-fire way I was barely able to keep up.
• Bellwether’s Basket Ricotta—either sheep or cow milk, you choose
• Watching movies with my husband (currently Willie) and my dogs (Olivia and Dulce)
• Being with the few people I love
• Intimate conversations
• Reading and writing
• Wine, cheese, bread
• Textures, colors and clothes—selective!
• Being noticed by certain men
• Dark chocolate
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things
– From “My Favorite Things,” The Sound of Music